CHIEF WELLNESS OFFICER COURSE
Brief Course Description
The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center is offering a one-week immersion course for approximately 60 participants. Each day is composed of a combination of lectures, activities and interactions designed to help participants cultivate expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being, using the Stanford Physician Wellness framework and extensive experience of the course faculty. In addition, participants will develop a customized strategic plan for their organization.
The course is designed for applicants who are senior well-being healthcare leaders with organization-wide responsibilities, responsible for 250+ faculty, and who have the backing and resources from their administration to initiate/expand a focus on physician health and well-being.
If your wellness work is focused on more of a local level at your institution, we encourage you to consider applying to the Stanford WellMD Physician Well-Being Director Course. The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center is offering our first 6-week virtual program, designed for physician leaders to equip them with tools to lead wellness efforts at the local level in departments, divisions, sites, and groups. This course may also be appropriate for those leading organization-wide efforts at healthcare centers with fewer than 250 physicians. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Physician Well-Being Director Course” in the subject line and we will add you to the interest list. Applications will open in January 2021 and the courses will take place in Spring and Summer of 2021.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have gained:
- Leadership skills to spearhead their organization's physician wellness efforts
- Knowledge and hands-on experience developing a customized strategic plan to build and sustain a physician well-being program for thier organization
- Expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being including creating an efficient practice enviroment, cultivating personal resilience, and developing an organizational culture that fosters engagement and professional fulfillment (i.e. a culture of wellness).
Prospective participants can apply by submitting a Leadership Abstract. The Leadership Abstract application contains critical information you will need to know to complete the initial portion of your strategic plan, including the following:
- Brief description of your organization
- The 2-3 largest challenges your organization is facing
- Description of the current state of physician well-being at your organization
- Letter of support from a senior leader within your organization (typically the Dean, CEO, COO, or CMO) stating that the organization is committed to driving Physician Well-Being as a strategic priority for the organization.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
Submit your Leadership Abstract Application online.
- $11,900 (Fee does not include lodging)
The Stanford University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 35.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Chief Wellness Officer Course
Next Course: June 20-25, 2021
Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Contact us for more information.