CHIEF WELLNESS OFFICER COURSE
Brief Course Description
The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center is offering a one-week immersion course for approximately 60 participants. Each day is composed of a combination of lectures, activities and interactions designed to help participants cultivate expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being, using the Stanford Physician Wellness framework and extensive experience of the course faculty. In addition, participants will develop a customized strategic plan for their organization.
The course is designed for applicants who are senior well-being healthcare leaders with organization-wide responsibilities, responsible for 250+ faculty, and who have the backing and resources from their administration to initiate/expand a focus on physician health and well-being.
If your wellness work is focused on more of a local level at your institution, we encourage you to consider applying to the Stanford WellMD Physician Well-Being Director Course. The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center is offering our first 6-week virtual program, designed for physician leaders to equip them with tools to lead wellness efforts at the local level in departments, divisions, sites, and groups. This course may also be appropriate for those leading organization-wide efforts at healthcare centers with fewer than 250 physicians. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com with “Physician Well-Being Director Course” in the subject line and we will add you to the interest list. Applications will open in January 2021 and the courses will take place in Spring and Summer of 2021.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have gained:
- Leadership skills to spearhead their organization's physician wellness efforts
- Knowledge and hands-on experience developing a customized strategic plan to build and sustain a physician well-being program for thier organization
- Expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being including creating an efficient practice enviroment, cultivating personal resilience, and developing an organizational culture that fosters engagement and professional fulfillment (i.e. a culture of wellness).
Prospective participants can apply by submitting a Leadership Abstract. The Leadership Abstract application contains critical information you will need to know to complete the initial portion of your strategic plan, including the following:
- Brief description of your organization
- The 2-3 largest challenges your organization is facing
- Description of the current state of physician well-being at your organization
- Letter of support from a senior leader within your organization (typically the Dean, CEO, COO, or CMO) stating that the organization is committed to driving Physician Well-Being as a strategic priority for the organization.
We are still accepting applications.
Submit your Leadership Abstract Application online.
- $11,900 (Fee does not include lodging)
Cancellations must be received in writing. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognize that these are unusual times and that there is uncertainty in global health as well as the ability to travel. Stanford remains committed to hosting this modestly-sized course (60-75 participants and faculty) when the situation allows. We currently plan to hold the course as scheduled in June 2021. We have attempted to create a flexible registration process that provides clear cancelation parameters, in order to allow this course to take place.
There is high demand for the course and applications exceeded capacity in both 2018 and 2019. Since the 2020 course had to be delayed, a large number of people have already registered for the 2021 course. However, there are a few spots still open.
The cancellation parameters are described below:
- Up to and including February 15, 2021: 100% refundable less $500 cancellation fee
- Between February 16, 2021, and March 31, 2021: 80% refundable
- Between April 1, 2021 and May 20, 2021: 50% refundable
- Less than 30 days before the course (after May 20, 2021): non refundable
Stanford cancelation due to COVID-19, travel restrictions, or natural disaster:
Stanford University School of Medicine reserves the right to cancel or postpone this program if necessary. Stanford will abide by all state and county guidelines. In the event that we are unable to hold the course due to COVID-19, state/country government travel restrictions, or in the event of a natural disaster, you will have the option to have your registration fee refunded at 100% or will be given a full credit to use toward the course at a future date. Stanford remains committed to hosting this course. We are not responsible for other costs incurred such as non-refundable airline tickets or hotel penalties.
The Stanford University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 35.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.