CHIEF WELLNESS OFFICER COURSE
Brief Course Description
The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center is offering an innovative and highly interactive one-week workshop for approximately 45 participants. Each day is composed of a combination of lectures, activities and interactions designed to help participants cultivate expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being, using the Stanford Physician Wellness framework and extensive experience of the course faculty. In addition, participants will develop a customized strategic plan for their organization.
The course is designed for applicants who are senior well-being healthcare leaders with organization-wide responsibilities, responsible for 200+ faculty, and who have the backing and resources from their administration to initiate/expand a focus on physician health and well-being.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have gained:
- Leadership skills to spearhead their organization's physician wellness efforts
- Knowledge and hands-on experience developing a customized strategic plan to build and sustain a physician well-being program for thier organization
- Expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being including creating an efficient practice enviroment, cultivating personal resilience, and developing an organizational culture that fosters engagement and professional fulfillment (i.e. a culture of wellness).
The application contains critical information you will need to know to complete the initial portion of your strategic plan, including the following:
- Brief description of your organization
- The 2-3 largest challenges your organization is facing
- Description of the current state of physician well-being at your organization
- Letter of support from a senior leader within your organization (typically the Dean, CEO, COO, or CMO) stating that the organization is committed to driving Physician Well-Being as a strategic priority for the organization.
- The application process for the 2020 course will open in the winter.
- $11,500 (Fee does not include lodging)
The Stanford University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 35.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.