Learn How to Design and Lead a Well-Being Program
Course Description and Design
Utilizing the Stanford Model of Professional FulfillmentTM, this course equips leaders with knowledge and tools to catalyze changes at the local level in departments, divisions, practices, sites, and groups.
The course is designed as a six-week virtual educational series with the following components:
- Didactic presentations and panels featuring Stanford leadership and faculty who present insights from the latest research in the field, teach the Stanford Model, and provide context and inspiration regarding how Stanford applies this work in our own hospitals and health system.
- Peer-to-peer learning in small group exercises designed to facilitate networking and comradery, to provide a focused environment to discuss course content, and to create a space for participants to try out ideas that could be implemented in their home organizations.
- Individual participant homework assignments and emails, including references, and resources for application of learnings in home organizations.
Physician well-being directors, chiefs, chairs, medical directors, wellness committee leaders, quality improvement leaders, program improvement leaders, residency program directors and others who are positioned to influence physician well-being in their organizations.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- List the factors that contribute to physician well-being
- Interpret the current organizational science on promoting professional fulfillment
- Develop familiarity with evidence-based approaches to promote professional fulfillment for physicians using a framework that includes culture of wellness, efficiency of practice, and personal resilience
- Recognize the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in achieving the goals of professional fulfillment and well-being
- Utilize effective methods to gain peer and leadership collaboration
- Identify and evaluate the local needs of physicians
- Integrate basic principles of improvement science into approaching local physician well-being initiatives
Course Dates and Applications
- Cohort 1 started in February 2021 and is now complete
- Cohort 2 will run six consecutive Mondays starting July 12, 3:00-5:30PM Pacific. The application link can be found here: http://stanford.cloud-cme.com/wbdirectorcourse2
- Cohort 3 will run six consecutive Thursdays starting Oct 14, 3:00-5:30PM Pacific. The application link can be found here: http://stanford.cloud-cme.com/wbdirectorcourse3
This activity is supported by a gift from The Jen-Hsun & Lori Huang Foundation, which is underwriting the full registration fee for initial cohorts.
In support of improving patient care, Stanford Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Stanford Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information or to apply for the course, please contact us.
Physician Well-Being Director Course
Cohort 2: six consecutive Mondays starting July 12, 3:00-5:30PM Pacific
Cohort 3: six consecutive Thursdays starting Oct 14, 3:00-5:30PM Pacific
Contact us for more information.