Learn How to Design and Lead a Physician Well-Being Program
The Stanford Medicine WellMD & WellPhD Center offers a one-week immersion course for approximately 50 participants. Each day is composed of a combination of lectures, activities and interactions designed to help participants cultivate expertise in the principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being, using the Stanford Model for Professional FulfillmentTM framework and extensive experience of the course faculty.
The course is designed for applicants who are senior well-being healthcare leaders with organization-wide responsibilities, responsible for 250+ physicians, and who have the backing and resources from their administration to initiate/expand a focus on physician health and well-being.
The CWOC will support participants to
- Develop leadership skills to spearhead their organization's physician wellness efforts
- Create components of a strategic plan that will build and sustain a physician well-being program for their organization
- Implement principles and applications that contribute to physician well-being including creating an efficient practice environment, cultivating personal resilience, and developing an organizational culture that fosters engagement and professional fulfillment
Prospective participants can apply by submitting a comprehensive application that includes the following:
- Brief description of your organization and role
- The two to three largest challenges your organization is facing
- Description of the current state of physician well-being at your organization
- Letter of support from a senior leader within your organization (typically the Dean, CEO, COO, or CMO) stating that the organization is committed to driving Physician Well-Being as a strategic priority for the organization.